Saturday, April 19, 2008

Love and Peace


Why do righteous talks were not always right?
Why can’t we get what we really want?
Why can’t we reach all that we see?
And why can’t we reap all that we sow.
Laugh at me then mock the life’s irony.
You’ll give bread and be stoned to death.
Be kind but the people to you will be cruel.
And you’ll be sad while the others laugh.
You did everything right
And you were never wrong.
You learned something you don’t want to know
You gave everything as well as what you don’t own,
Apologizing with the absence of guilt
Now tell me in return what did you get?
Soon you’ll see me down
Lying on the ground, bathing with my own blood
With my heart I keep on living
By my own I keep on standing,
Still seeking for real love and peace of mind
Let me find what I seek
Let me rest
Let me die in your arms
Let me end in peace.

featured image courtesy of fellow deviant kladek

0 comments: